Buy Veenat 400 mg Online
Veenat 400mg are used for the treatment of adult and paediatric patients with Ph+ CML (Philadelphia chromosome-positive chronic myeloid leukaemia) as well as to treat patients with Kit (CD117) positive unresectable and/or metastatic malignant GIST (gastrointestinal stromal tumours).
Veenat tablet (Generic) are manufactured by Natco Pharma Limited in the strengths of 400 mg and 400 mg.
What is veenat 400 mg?
Veenat Imatinib Tablets are used for the treatment of adult and paediatric patients with Ph+ CML (Philadelphia chromosome-positive chronic myeloid leukaemia) as well as to treat patients with Kit (CD117) positive unresectable and/or metastatic malignant GIST (gastrointestinal stromal tumours).
Veenat tablets are manufactured by Natco Pharma Limited in the strengths of 100 mg and 400 mg.
Veenat 400 mg how to work?
Veenat 400mg Tablet is an anti-cancer medication. It works by blocking the action of the abnormal protein that signals cancer cells to multiply. This helps to stop or slow the spread of cancer cells.
Veenat 400 mg how to take
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Veenat 400mg Tablet is to be taken with food.
Instruction for Veenat 400 mg
Veenat is usually taken orally 1 to 2 times per day or as directed by a doctor. The tablet should always be taken with a meal along with a large glass of water.
Contact a doctor for the correct dosage and length of treatment as it will depend on the patients condition and their response to the therapy.
Avoid consuming grapefruits or grapefruit juice while using the medication as they can increase the risk of side effects. The tablet should be swallowed whole and not broken, chewed or crushed prior to consumption.
Veenat 400 mg Indications
Take Veenat 400mg Tablet exactly as prescribed by the doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller quantities than recommended. Do not take this medicine on an empty stomach. You may require frequent blood tests and liver function tests while taking this medicine. You may also require frequent followups with your doctor to check the progress of treatment. Do not stop the use of this medicine without consulting your doctor.
Side Effects of Veenat 400 mg
- Upset stomach
- Excessive fatigue
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Unexplained weight gain
- Joint or muscle pain
- Sleeping problems
- Shortness of breath
- Bloody or tarry stools
Warning And Precaution of Veenat 400 mg Tablet
The warnings and precautions associated with Imatinib (Generic) therapy are as follows:
- Severe congestive heart failure and left ventricular dysfunction have been reported, specially in patients with comorbidities and risk factors. Monitor and treat patients with cardiac disease or risk factors for cardiac failure.
- Severe hepatotoxicity including fatalities can occur. patients must be assessed for liver function before initiation of treatment and monthly thereafter or as clinically indicated.
- Grade 3/4 hemorrhage has been reported in clinical studies in patients with newly diagnosed CML and with GIST. GI tumor sites may be the source of GI bleeds in GIST.
- Monitor liver function when combined with chemotherapy known to be associated with liver dysfunction.
- Edema and severe fluid retention have occurred. Doctors are advised to weigh patients regularly and manage unexpected rapid weight gain by drug interruption and diuretics.
- Cytopenias, particularly anemia, neutropenia, and thrombocytopenia, have occurred. Manage with dose reduction or dose interruption and in rare cases discontinuation of treatment. Complete blood counts have to be performed weekly for the first month, biweekly for the second month, and periodically thereafter.
- Gastrointestinal perforations, some fatal, have been reported.
- Cardiogenic shock/left ventricular dysfunction has been associated with the initiation of Veenat tablet (Generic) in patients with conditions associated with high eosinophil levels (e.g., HES, MDS/MPD and ASM).
- Bullous dermatologic reactions (e.g., erythema multiforme and Stevens-Johnson syndrome) have been reported with the use of Gleevec.
- Hypothyroidism has been observed in thyroidectomy patients undergoing Levothyroxine replacement. TSH levels in such patients have to be closely monitored.
- Fetal harm can occur when administered to a pregnant woman. Inform women of the potential harm to the fetus, and to avoid pregnancy when taking Veenat tablet.
- Growth retardation occurring in children and pre-adolescents receiving Imatinib has been reported. Close monitoring of growth in children under Generic treatment is recommended.
- Close monitoring is recommended in cases of Tumor lysis syndrome.
- Reports of motor vehicle accidents have been received in patients undergoing generic therapy. Caution patients about driving a car or operating machinery when undergoing treatment with this medicine.
Veenat 400 mg Dosage
The prescribed dose of Imatinib tablet (Veenat) should be administered orally, along with a meal and a large glass of water.
Doses of 400 mg or 600 mg should be administered once daily, whereas a dose of 800 mg should be administered as 400 mg twice a day. Imatinib tablet must not be crushed.
In case of Imatinib overdose the patient should be placed under observation and appropriate supportive treatment should be given.
Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, rash erythema, edema, swelling, fatigue, muscle spasms, thrombocytopenia, pancytopenia, abdominal pain, headache and decreased appetite were observed in case of overdose with 1,200 mg to 1,600 mg a day for a duration varying between 1 day to 10 days with adult patients.
One patient experienced nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, pyrexia, facial swelling, neutrophil count decreased, increase transaminases with a single dose of 6,400 mg.
Uses of Veenat 400 mg
Generic Imatinib tablet (Veenat by Natco) is used to treat certain types of leukemia in adult and pediatric patients. Generic Imatinib is also used to treat gastrointestinal stromal tumours(GIST), a type of tumor most often found in the wall of the stomach. This medicine is also used to treat Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans (DFSP) a rare type of cancer that occurs in the deep layers of skin in adult patients.
Veenat 400 mg tablet is used to treat and prevent the growth of certain types of cancers of the blood cells, stomach, intestine, bone marrow, and skin.
Storage Conditions for Veenat 400 mg
Store Veenat 400mg Tablets in a cool, dry place, away from direct heat and light.
Discard the medicine if its expiry date has crossed.
Keep this cancer medicine away from the reach of children or pets. A locked cupboard at least one-and-a-half meters above the ground is a good place to store medicines.
Keep your Tablets in the original container until it is time to take them.