What is cabergoline?
Cabergoline is used to treat a hormone imbalance in which there is too much prolactin in the blood (also called hyperprolactinemia). Cabergoline online may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Cabergoline 0.5 is used to treat hyperprolactinemia (high levels of prolactin in your body). This happens when your pituitary gland makes extra prolactin. High prolactin levels may be caused by a hormone problem or by a tumor in your pituitary gland.
High prolactin levels can cause changes in a woman’s ovulation, menstrual cycle, and breast milk production. In men, high prolactin levels can affect reproduction and cause sexual issues. These issues include a decreased sex drive and not being able to get or keep an erection.
How it works
buy Cabergoline belongs to a class of drugs called dopamine agonists. A class of drugs is a group of medications that work in a similar way. These drugs are often used to treat similar conditions.
Dopamine is a chemical your body makes. It prevents your body from releasing prolactin. Cabergoline dostinex works by binding to dopamine receptors. This also keeps your body from releasing prolactin, which helps decrease your prolactin levels.
Before taking this medicine
You should not use cabergoline price if you are allergic to it, or if you have:
- uncontrolled high blood pressure (hypertension);
- a heart valve disorder;
- a growth of excess tissue (fibrosis) in your lungs or around your heart or stomach; or
- an allergy to any type of ergot medicine, such as dihydroergotamine, ergotamine, ergonovine, or methylergonovine.
Tell your doctor if you have ever had:
- liver disease;
- heart problems; or
- hypertension caused by pregnancy, including eclampsia and preeclampsia;
It is not known whether cabergoline will harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or if you become pregnant.
You should not breast-feed while using cabergoline.
How should I take cabergoline?
- Your doctor will perform tests to make sure you do not have conditions that would prevent you from safely using cabergoline.
- Follow all directions on your prescription label and read all medication guides or instruction sheets. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose. Use the medicine exactly as directed.
- Cabergoline is usually taken twice each week for at least 6 months. Do not take this medicine every day unless your doctor tells you to.
- Your blood will need to be tested on a regular basis to measure your prolactin levels.
- Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Cabergoline side effects
Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have:
- shortness of breath (even while lying down);
- chest pain, dry cough or hack;
- a light-headed feeling, like you might pass out;
- pain in your side or lower back;
- little or no urination; or
- swelling in your ankles or feet.
You may have increased sexual urges, unusual urges to gamble, or other intense urges while taking cabergoline. Talk with your doctor if this occurs.
Common side effects may include:
- nausea, constipation;
- feeling weak or tired;